Notices & Inquiries issued by Regulators. Regulatory proceedings. Adjudication Proceedings. Appellate Tribunals. High Court. Arbitration.Lawyers.Corporate Lawyers. Commercial Lawyers. Statutory Appeals to Supreme Court. Companies need assistance for representation and drafting of documents.
Our team is comprised of Former Regulatory Officers and other lawyers who have litigated significant regulatory matters. With a focus on dispute resolution on the regulatory side, we excel in regulatory enforcement and litigation representation.
We regularly represent clients before regulators, their regulatory specialized tribunals such as Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT), National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), National Company Law Appellate Tribunal Law (NCLAT), Bombay High Court, and the Supreme Court of India. We start assisting clients from the stage of providing information to regulator and also advise during the investigation, show cause notice, settlement stage until the matter is finally decided. We also represent the Insurance Regulator, IRDAI before the Securities Appellate Tribunal. We also represent clients in the arbitration mechanism of the Exchanges. The firm also engages in other litigation and arbitration in the area of corporate and commercial law.
Glimpses of our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice:
- Represented a lender against SEBI Order barring the borrower from the securities market. SAT passed an order in favour of our client by quashing SEBI’s order.
- Advising minority shareholders against a MNC with a French parent that was exclusively listed on regional exchanges and decided to go for an exit offer.
- Represented a Depository Participant against an order passed by SEBI in the matter of First Financial Services Ltd. SAT was pleased to quash the Confirmatory Order passed against our client.
- Representing clients before SEBI/SAT with respect to a matter relating to avoidance of payment of taxes by manipulating the market.
- Representing the insurance regulator IRDAI against a life insurer, where IRDAI has ordered refund of excess commission collected by the life insurer from policyholders.
- Represented an intervener in the order passed against MVL Ltd. for running an unauthorized collective investment scheme. The Tribunal has allowed the intervention application.
- Advising and representing a premier healthcare & financial services company and its promoters against a penalty order in a matter of alleged violation of SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992 and the Code of Conduct.
- Representing a listed company under investigation for issuance of Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) abroad.
- Representing directors in the matter of Pancard Clubs Ltd., which is alleged to have run an illegal Collective Investment Scheme (CIS).
- Representing a client in Settlement Proceedings for settling alleged violations of stock manipulation and securities fraud.